Introducing monthly AOHY meetings for AIMA members
The AIMA Executive team would like to announce a new monthly meeting open to the whole of AIMA membership! These AHOY meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of every month via Zoom starting 9th February. The meeting format will be:
- 6:00pm AEDT – social chat
- 6:30pm AEDT – discussion time
- 7:00pm AEDT (from March) – guest lecture for about half an hour
Members are invited to participate in whichever segments are of interest to them or to just listen in. A Zoom link will be sent to members in the week before the meeting.
The discussion time will be largely informal and chaired by the President or a member of Executive. This time will provide an opportunity for AIMA members to:
- find out what the movers and shakers within AIMA (the Exec, Admin and others) are up to
- hear what is being planned for AIMA and how you can participate
- share stories, projects or updates with the maritime archaeology community
- ask questions to AIMA’s network of qualified experts
- participate in discussions
- network with industry professionals
- celebrate successes within AIMA and our community
- lend a hand in helping AIMA develop
We encourage those within Exec, Admin positions, and anyone undertaking work for AIMA, to attend or send a sentence or two to be read as an update.
After each meeting, the President (or nominated member of Exec) will email all AIMA members with a short dot point list of the main updates and discussion points.
The guest lecture is being coordinated by Maddy McAllister and will begin in March. To offer a lecture, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you all there.